Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hug your mom


Yesterday there was a bomb threat at my mom's work.
Things got so heated she actually texted me 'goodbye'.
Needless to say, I started crying and praying fervently.
She came home safe, thank God!
But it was a scary reminder of mortality.
Really, we are all hanging on to life with such a slim thread.
Ugh, I can't imagine life without her.
I think what really terrified me is that God had been like, you should visit her, on my way home from school. I was like nahh I'll see her at home later. Then the whole 'Oh My God what if that was my last chance to see her' panic hit me. God, I am so glad she is here. I love her.
We're going for a bike ride. I love my mom.
You should hug yours.

Thoughts for the day;
Anouk has grown into a Lady Cat
No Shave November
write my lovely penpals back, soon
fall festivals
birds chirping
sheep
roses
my camera ate 5 important pictures
new cell phone sometime

Yesterday I also found an exploded apple cider bottle in my freezer. (Frend forgot it. I cut myself a few times on tiny shards of glass. I found it that morning but had to get to my bio lecture. The part I cleaned was the majority, but my nana flew into a rage once she felt sticky, and wouldn't stop cleaning until she knew the sticky monster was defeated).
Then I spilled ALL of my favorite tea (Tazo Zen, which I am almost out of) on my already dying cell phone. Turns out Volvo cup holders aren't meant for coffee mugs. Do Europeans just sip their tea out of teacups in the morning? I'm going to have to go to Goodwill and find some fun, fitting teacups. At least my phone was warm when I went to text everyone it would be shorting out soon.
Reality, it did not short out. It has survived being smashed by my butt and a rock at Fort Bragg, being dropped numerous times, an entire hot cup of tea poured on it, my bottomless pit of a purse, babysitting (code for being gnawed on by bratty toddlers), and being lost in a truckbed.
Most impressive, my little Blitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment