Sunday, December 16, 2012

Snow Flurries















It is winter.

For the first time in my life that I can remember, it was snowing.
I have been to the snow.
I have played in the snow.
I have thrown, eaten, and rolled in lots of snow.
I have had a few snow drops fall on me, but never has it really snowed while I was awake to enjoy it.
Yesterday at Josh's cabin, it was magical.
I couldn't stop smiling.
Too bad I was the only one besides Muffin, the dog, who enjoyed it.

I have been working with a trainer to get Tuesday into better shape.
It is stressful and I want to throw in the towel at some points, but she is coming along.

Last night I made vegan lavender ice cream.
It was delish.
All you have to do is bring 1 1/4 cups milk (I used almond) to boil, then toss in about a cup of lavender buds. I like mine strong, if you wanted it to be more mild you could use less. Once you add the lavender, remove the pot from the heat. Let the milk and lavender steep for 20 minutes. Then whisk in a 14 oz can of whole fat coconut milk and 1/2 cup of sugar or agave or honey, whatever. I used honey and powdered sugar (so I guess mine wasn't vegan). Pop this mix into a Tupperware (covered, I guess you could use the bowl and saran wrap) and leave in the fridge for a few hours. Mine sat for about 8 hours. Then fire up your ice cream maker ( I got mine for $30 from Lowes online, free shipping!) and follow the maker's instructions. 
I thought the ice cream would have an icy texture, but it came out just like ice cream! I added two drops of red and two drops of blue food coloring to make a faint purple color. This made about 1 quart of ice cream.

Seriously, all about fresh snowfall and lavender.
Oh, and we decorated my house for Christmas with the stuff I gathered from the woods. It looks rustic and was free. Yay!

Thoughts;
moss
snow
candles
DIY presents
map bunting
feathers
twigs
trail rides
Tuesday
thankfulness


No comments:

Post a Comment